July 18, 2016

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Date played: July 17th
Platform: 3DS

Since I`ve recently completed Super Mario World on 3DS, I figured I should take a stab at another classic, a game I'm ashamed to say I've never beaten; The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

While I've played a ton of this game over the years, I never reached the end. I only played the first hour or so. I woke up to Zelda's message, received as a dream, and went out in the rain to help her at the castle. It wasn't long before I had both the boomerang and the lantern, as well as my trusty sword and shield. I fought rats, snakes and bats in the lower levels of the castle and eventually brought Zelda to a safe place, a church just outside of the castle's grounds.

I must find the Master Sword to defeat the evil wizard that has taken control of Hyrule. To do this, I will search for the village elder, who is rumored to be one of the 7 wise men of old. I explored the town, talked to some folks and gathered some items. I picked up a few bombs, some arrows (though I don't have the bow yet), two bottles and a bug catching net. I explored the surrounding areas a little too and found some pieces of heart. I'm heading East to find the old man now, after getting some information from a kid in town.

There's something really special about this game. The amazing, beautiful art creates a very cool world, and the incredible music makes the whole thing even better. I can't wait to get into my first real dungeon!