August 2, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: All weekend long baby!
Platform: PS4

So, I had a 3 day weekend and as far as video games go, I've only played Overwatch. A lot of it. In fact, I am now level 107! I got myself a few skins. The first is Regal for Symmetra. While I had a legendary costume for her already, I didn't like it too much, so I bought the purple and gold epic skin for her. I also bought a legendary skin for Lucio, the amazing Hippity Hop golden custome. Hell, I even bought myself a highlight intro for Reinhardt finally.

I'm at a point where I've really settled in with the game now. I know all the maps very well, I know the abilities of every character and I can read the battlefield quite well. I've found my favorite heroes, and I use them regularly. I was looking at my stats recently, and there are 7 heroes that I play on a regular basis. Here is a breakdown of each hero I use, including games played, win rate and a fun stat.
I always do well as Reinhardt
Reinhardt: 
From the beginning, Reinhardt felt right to me, he felt like he fit my style perfectly. I still use him every day and in all game modes. I use him less on attack, or king of the hill modes, but still use him a lot.
  • 282 games played
  • 52.84 % win rate
  • 2,864,476 total damage blocked
Mercy:
I used to play with her a lot, but I've started favoring Lucio as my skill level increased. Mercy is still awesome, but Lucio is more reliable and versatile I think. I still use Mercy once in a while, but she has been dethroned as my favorite healer.
  • 149 games played
  • 46.98 % win rate
  • 4.94 average resurrects
Lucio:
My favorite healer, Lucio's high mobility, powerful healing and relatively easy to use weapon makes him one of my favorite heroes in the game. I play with him every day.
  • 73 games played
  • 60.27 % win rate
  • 32.4 % of time played "on fire"!
Zarya:
The most challenging of the heroes I play. She requires quick thinking, good judgement and aggressiveness. I love playing her when there is already another tank, or on King of the Hill modes. Actually, I love playing her whenever Reinhardt isn't the right fit. For example, when our team is made of a bunch of fast heroes or flankers.
  • 63 games played
  • 49.21 % win rate
  • 1:06 average objective time
Winston:
I use this guy when the enemy team needs to have their defenses broken, or when I just want to fuck shit up. His rocket jump is unique in the game, allowing him to get into battle quickly, then get out before it's too late. I fucking love playing Winston, I think he might be the most fun of all the heroes I play.
  • 59 games played
  • 52.54 % win rate
  • 3.34 average jump kills
Symmetra:
Like a spider, I lure enemies into my traps when I play her. I love her close range weapon, it's devastating against Genji's, Tracers, etc. It's also surprisingly powerful against tanks when they are unaware of my presence. I play Symmetra when all the roles are filled.
  • 58 games played
  • 63.79 % win rate
  • 7.93 average portal trips
McCree:
I had to learn at least one offensive character right? I picked McCree because I love his pistol. It's rare that I use him because most of the time, we need a support or a tank. When I do use him, I am usually pretty successful. He's great at taking out people from a good distance or picking off enemies that are busy in combat.
  • 26 games played
  • 65.38 % win rate
  • 43 % weapon accuracy
This weekend, I was most successful with Lucio, winning 11 and losing none when I played him. I also feel like I played really well as Winston and Zarya in particular. I even tried a new hero for a few minutes, Tracer. She's really fun to play, but not really my style.