May 1, 2015

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Date played: April 30th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I am really surprised at how good Wolfenstein is... I mean, it's completely ridiculous and dumb, but it's incredible fun and is now becoming quite challenging in spots. Last time, I stopped playing just as I was about to steal a train. This segment turned out to be a lot more difficult than I expected. I took out a few enemies with my throwing knives, but I was soon confronted by some larger enemies armed with energy-based gatling guns... Not only that, but I faced two at a time! I ended up pecking at them with all my guns from a safe spot until I ran out of ammo. I ran out and grabbed some weapons to finalize the kill.

This game is weird sometimes...
So I stole the train and somehow, this led us to diving underwater and getting into some sort of old shrine... The game has some supernatural tendencies going on. Anyway, we grabbed a sort of artifact that we would use a weapon. It's all non-sense, but we grabbed the thing and got out. Next, we decided to steal a nuclear U-Boat from the Nazis... Yep. I infiltrated the U-Boat by hiding in a missile casing we stole from the train. A submarine is filled with small rooms and corridors, so I put the shotguns to good use. I managed to steal the vessel, but didn't have the launch codes for the nuclear warheads.

So of course, we decided to get some codes. Unfortunately, the only way to get them is to get to the Nazi Lunar Base (yep, lunar base). To do that, we had to find a high ranking officer and steal his identity. This led me to one of the craziest levels yet, a huge battle on top of a half demolished bridge. I got a chance to use the long range marksman rifle. The star of the show was the new rocket launcher attachment to the assault rifle. I mean, holy fuck, this thing hits hard! I shot my way through the area and found the officer I needed. We are ready for the Lunar Base!