May 17, 2015

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Date played: May 17th
Platform: Wii
Session fun rating: 7/10

I made some progress in the sand sea. I reached the ship construction building indicated by my robotic captain friend and had to navigate a treacherous mine cart track to reach the inside of the building. The mine cart was a really cool segment where I had to lean into the curves to gain speed and avoid obstacles by choosing the right path.
I love mine carts in video games!
At the end of the path, I searched the building by blowing away the sand inside it to find some clues... Unfortunately, all I found was a rematch versus Moldarach, the thousand year old scorpion! It was a pretty easy fight, but I found no clues about the captain's ship. I explored another area that felt like a small dungeon. I had to carry around a timeshift orb that was basically a portable crystal. This led to some pretty cool puzzles and revealed that I would have to find a pirate ship with my boat... I used the sword's dousing ability to guide my boat across the sand sea and follow the invisible ship around, shooting cannonballs in it's general direction until it stopped. I got on board, but stopped there. I think this might be an actual dungeon, but we'll see.