May 13, 2015

Final Fantasy VI

Emperor Gestahl is a lying piece of shit
Date played: May 11th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 9/10

It's been almost two years since I played this game, so I was pretty fucking lost when I booted it again. I had control of Terra, Locke, Strago and Relm, in the middle of a mountain. I really should have read my last blog post about it to get up to speed, but I was soon fighting enemies and getting back into it. It turns out, I was looking for some Espers to start some peace talks with them.

We found them and convinced them to come back with us to talk to General Leo That's when shit hit the fan really hard. Kefka showed up during the discussion and killed General Leo, his own ally! He then hurt all of us and started capturing Espers left and right in a fit of madness and violent ambition. In an incredible event, Kefka and Emperor Gestahl used the power of the dead Espers to carve out a chunk of Earth and create a floating continent...

I picked my team of 3 to find the floating continent and do something to save the Espers and stop Kefka and Gestahl. I went with Terra, Locke and Edward and fought a bunch of enemies on the airship while we searched. Ultros, the purple octopus, showed up AGAIN! So I fought him again and defeated him once more. We have now
reached the floating continent.