May 8, 2015

Mario Kart 7+8

Date played: May 7th
Platform: 3DS + Wii U
Session fun rating: 8/10

The day was filled with Mario Kart action, both on 3DS and on Wii U. At work, I sat with two friends and played 2 races of Mario Kart 7 with them. I won both races and led most of the time, but I was feeling the pressure coming up from the rear.

Baby Park is fucking insane when played online...
When I got home, I popped in Mario Kart 8 for some online action. At first, I used Link with the F-Zero vehicle, but I placed in the middle of the pack in both races I completed. I switched to Donkey Kong and my favorite kart setup and my performance improved right away, including a glorious 2nd place on the new Cheese Land track. I also unlocked a Samus outfit for my Mii driver by scanning my Samus Amiibo... It's really cool looking, but I wish I could use it with Donkey Kong...