May 26, 2015

Forza Horizon 2

Date played: May 25th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 9/10

Rally racing is fucking awesome! I completed 4 races in the eternally classic Subaru Impreza WRX STI. Rampaging through the countryside, racing alongside dozens of other iconic rally cars like the Mitsubishi Lancer was just great. All four events featured racing on a variety of terrain, including dirt, grass, gravel, tarmac and there were even some wooden bridges and jumps. For the first time in the game, I placed 2nd in a race, but still managed to win the championship. The main reason is that my Subaru didn't quite have the top speed I needed in a specific event.
The Subaru shreds through the countryside
I also completed some bucket list challenges, including a thrilling ride in LaFerrari, a stunning beauty with a hybrid engine. Then I furiously rode through town in a Pagani Zonda where I had to accumulate some near-misses. Another had me rack up some skill points in a Ford RS. Finally, I had an incredible experience with a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. I drove it on the coast of France while listening to Vivaldi... It was fucking surreal and so satisfying.