May 24, 2015

Forza Horizon 2

Date played: May 23rd
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 9/10

I am loving Forza Horizon 2... I knew I was going to like it, I mean, it's a game about pretty cars, so of course I would, but the structure and the handling physics are keeping me hooked. Just like the Fast & Furious version, there is a slew of bucket list challenges to complete. I raced a Ferrari F40 on the gorgeous coastal roads of France, rode a Bowler EXR S in a treacherous offroad track and a few other similar challenges. I turned off the rewind feature too... I realized I wasn't really using it and that it could give me a good amount of bonus credits. I tried out manual transmission and while it was fun, it was annoying that it removed the ability to reach the map screen in one button press.

My beautiful 1969 Camaro SS helped me win the champtionship. I completed the 3 races required and won them all, then headed to the showcase race. This was an incredible race, as I took saddled myself one the infamous rearing horse mechanical beasts a beautiful Ferrari. Obviously, the jets are much, much faster than the car, but they have to go through the same checkpoints. This means, they have to make huge turns to hit the checkpoints. Typically, this means that I passed the checkpoints around the same time as the jets. It was fucking exhilarating in every way, the jet roaring furiously as I pushed the Ferrari to it's limits!
I have no words to describe how fucking awesome this race was
Completing this event opened up a road trip event to Nice. The game is starting to open up a bit, with online modes now available and the car shop opening for business... On a personal note, I finalized some paperwork for buying myself a new car yesterday, a Fiat 500 Sport. I'm really excited about it, so I was happy to see that there was a 500 Abarth in Forza Horizon 2. I bought it in the game and painted it the same color as the one I bought for my daily commute. I rode it into a hot hatch event and raced my future car. The interior looks really close to the real car, though of course, being an Abarth version, it has a few differences.