May 10, 2015

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Date played: May 10th
Platform: Wii
Session fun rating: 7/10

Today, I played some Skyward Sword, but I didn't progress in the game at all. I spent all of my time completing a few side quests, collecting gratitude crystals in town at night and hunting for materials and rupees to upgrade my gear.

I gave another stamina potion to Fledge, the guy who does push-ups in his room at night, but he keeps saying I should come back to see him later. I also cleaned up Pipit's mom's room using the gust bellows. I managed to get enough rupees to buy the heart piece in the flying shop for a whopping 1600 price tag. I hunted some birds and bees to upgrade both my shield and my flying beetle to maximum. The Goddess Shield looks really cool and is incredibly strong. The Beetle is now much faster and has HUGE range, which I bet will be useful more than once.
Peatrice, the item check girl, flirts with Link
However, the flimsy romance between Link and the item check girl, Peatrice, was definitely best thing to happen in the game today! I met her at her house during the night and confessed my love for her, all behind Zelda's back! It was actually a great little scene with many dialogue choices and plenty of good writing. I think I'm ready for some serious action now though, so next time, I will go learn another song for the harp.