May 8, 2015

Ride demo

Date played: May 8th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 7/10

Ride is a motorcycle racing game by Namco-Bandai. It's definitely more of a simulation game than an arcade game, and it plays surprisingly well! I rode a Kawasaki Ninja speed bike in Nevada against a grid of 12 racers. At first, I had a really hard time taking corners because, well... bikes are hard to control at high speed, having only two wheels and such... After a couple of nasty crashes though, I was zipping through the track rather easily. I placed 4th on my first attempt. I then tried out a slower motorcycle, a street racing Triumph.

Go Ninja Go!
This is kind of a Forza game for bikes. There are a ton of options for assists and difficulty, including some insane stuff like independent rear and front brake control. The racing line was extremely useful until I knew the track pretty well. The game doesn't look incredible, but it looks good and runs smoothly. The only two things that really suck about the game was the awful music and the horrifyingly long load times. I'm pretty impressed with this game, I wasn't expecting much, but I had a good time speeding through Nevada on fancy bikes.