February 5, 2016

SteamWorld Heist

Date played: February 4th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 9/10

As I watched my Ottawa Senators slide into another humiliating defeat, I played a couple of levels of SteamWorld Heist, completing the second world. The first level I played was nothing special, just a normal little romp through another enemy ship from the Queen's army.

The next level however, was a huge battle against the Red Queen herself! This was easily the biggest, longest battle I've had in the game so far... The Queen has lots of HP, a teleport ability and a pair of powerful pistols. While she wasn't too hard on her own, she called in some reinforcements, including two of the previous bosses...
The Red Queen
I fought tooth and nail for a long time with this one. Sally bit the dust later in the mission, but I managed to take down the Red Queen anyway, though I didn't get all the stars for the level. Beatrix is now using a very nice minigun that deals very good damage and has long range, but she can't use it after moving, so I have to position her well to take advantage of this amazing weapon.

Once we beat the Red Queen, we found the technological artifact that had been stolen by Chop Sue. It turns out, it's a robot that comes from a group of robots that want to destroy all others... Bad news! So the next world has our team chasing after this little evil guy, so I can't wait to see what kind of enemies I'll fight.