February 2, 2016

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Date played: February 1st
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 7/10

I think I might be doing too many side missions and collectible hunting... Most of my time with the game last night was spent capturing the City of London borough. This is easily the biggest borough yet as it must have had twice the amount of activities as previous areas. In fact, I still have a few spots left to clear to capture the whole place.

Along the way, I unlocked two new types of side missions, carriage races and a barehanded fight club. The carriage races are kind of shitty, mainly because these things aren't race cars, they're fucking carts pulled by horses... I completed 3 of those, including one that was set against a train, but I got bored of them quickly. The fight club was a lot more fun though, since combat in Assassin's Creed is always a ton of fun.
The City of London is a beautiful, large borough
I also completed one simple side mission given by one of the people on our train hideout. He had stolen a Gatling gun from the Blighters. That's right, a motherfucking Gatling gun! The mission had me use the big, stationary weapon while riding a train, shooting at enemies and even other trains. It was a pretty cool mission, and it was something I wasn't expecting from this game.