February 4, 2016

Rocket League

Date played: February 3rd
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 10/10

When I bought the PC version of Rocket League, I thought it was because it would be prettier. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is prettier, but it turns out that there's another little feature that makes a huge difference.

The keyboard.

I never even thought about it before, but I realize that I'm chatting with other players a lot more on the PC version because of the keyboard. Voice chat is kind of inconvenient to be honest, so almost no one uses it, but there's lots of text chatter between goals and after matches. Last night, I made a couple of new friends...
El Che Meow has the top hat, mrgan.cav has the halo and I'm the yellow one
It all started on the Wasteland map. I was paired with a couple of guys named El Che Meow and mrgan.cav. As mrgan.cav would put it, we were a real dream team! While none of us was absolutely amazing, together, we made a very powerful team. Meow was more of a goalie, though he supported the attack when needed. mrgan.cav was a rusher/brawler, getting in close to the action and working close to the goal, while I was more of a long range attacker, pushing the ball in deep and making long goals.

I had an amazing time with these guys. We only lost one match, and it was a real close one. I hope I get to play with them again, we are friends on Steam now, so that should make it easier.