February 22, 2016

Rocket League

Date played: February 21st
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 10/10

I love Rocket League...

Every time I play, I try to use a different car now, just for the hell of it. Last night, I rode in Ripper along with some bright paint. I got into a lobby that was very competitive. I mean, almost every match I played was very tight, very close. I played with competent players all around, which meant tight battles for the ball, last second saves, and few goals.

In one of those matches, I think I may have made my best save ever. It's hard to describe in words obviously, but I basically raced the ball as it barreled towards our net then gave it a solid hit to deflect it. What made it such a great save is the fucking incredible speed I had when I did it...
One of my best saves ever
Throughout the night, I had a few MVP's and generally played pretty well, though I wasn't spectacular for the most part. I had good, solid play from the mid-field line. When playing with good players, I often end up being the last line of defense. Permanent goaltenders are useful with bad players, but with good ones, you need more support on offense. I still stay in the same position, but there's usually not a goalie to back me up anymore.