February 1, 2016

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Date played: January 31st
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 7/10

I spent most of my time with this game capturing a whole borough and gathering all the chests and collectibles. The money rewards are really good, so I've almost bought all of the gang upgrades available in the game, so my rooks are pretty damn deadly now, and I have bunch of other little benefits all over. I've leveled up quite a bit too, so my skills in battle are better than ever. Evie has a particularly good skill where she becomes practically invisible when sneaking and not moving.

I continued the story a little bit and killed my third target. Jacob managed to squeeze some information out of a person linked to the mysterious syrup dealing business. To get the info, I kidnapped the guy, shoved him into a horse carriage and drove like a fucking maniac until he was scared enough blurt out the name of his boss.

It turns out, his boss is a doctor who works on strange experiments in a psychiatric asylum... In fact, he's so strange, he does brain surgery on live patients in front of an audience. Creepy asshole. The missions had Jacob infiltrate the asylum and assassinate the doc. It was pretty elaborate, I had to take out guards of course, but I also had to pickpocket a key to gain access to other areas of the asylum. Then, to reach the doctor, I went down to the morgue of the building, hid a dead body, and lay on the stretcher under a piece of cloth, pretending to be a dead guy. I was then brought up to the doc's surgery room, then popped out of the cloth and stabbed him in the heart.
Jacob looking grim after his latest assassination
Next, as Evie, I had to recover some medicine from the Blighters to help dying children. I had a time limit, so I hustled through the bustling streets of London in a carriage, found the medicine, stole it and battled against my pursuers as I raced back to the nurse who asked for it.

Finally, I spent a bit more time completing missions to take over the next borough, the City of London. It's obviously a much richer borough. People are dressed better, the buildings are cleaner and everything is much nicer. Enemies are a bit stronger too. I'm loving Assassin's Creed Syndicate, even if a lot of it is just regular open world stuff.