October 31, 2015

Rogue Legacy

Date played: October 30th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 7/10

It turns out, I kind of like Rogue Legacy. The best part is that runs are relatively short, with death looming around every corner. I did a few runs, maybe 6 or 7, and had a really lucrative one near the end. I took this money and bought all the available gear as well as a few upgrades to health and other stuff. This made me strong enough to feel confident in attacking the first boss.
Gatekeeper Khidr is a very large eyeball that shoots out a giant stream of projectiles. I gave it all I had, jumping, dashing, spell-casting and most importantly, slashing at it. I killed it and it lit up one of the icons on the main door at the entrance to the castle. I got lots of cash with it too. Now I feel like I should grind money a little bit to upgrade a few stats, then head out to one of the other areas. What's great about Rogue Legacy is that it never really feels frustrating, even if death is common. It almost always feels like I made some progress, even if it's very minor.