October 26, 2015

Transistor

Date played: October 26th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

I finished Transistor!
The final, sad scene...
I was at the very end of the game the last time I played, all that was left was the final battle against the last of the bad guys. The final enemy also had a Transistor sword and it seems there's only room for one in the world. The final battle was the first time an enemy had access to stopping time and planning moves, but I was equipped well enough that I was able to take him out rather quickly. The world was saved and we returned to the city. As the Transistor whispers "I love you Red", she takes a bold decision and impales herself with the sword... It's a bittersweet ending. I loved the systems in Transistor, I just wish the story made more sense.