October 26, 2015

Transistor

Date played: October 25th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through a large portion of Transistor and I think I'm very close to the end. While the story is even less comprehensible than ever before, the game's awesome gameplay has kept me interested throughout. I beat a large boss known as the Spine, a worm-like creature that almost took me out, but I won with my last function available.

There's not much to say that I haven't said before. The game looks great, sounds even better and plays like nothing else I've ever played. I got a few new functions, including Cull(), which is a very powerful attack. I combined it with a function that adds range and increases backstab damage, it's been extremely useful throughout. I'm very near the end of the game...