October 2, 2015

Forza Motorsport 6

Date played: October 1st
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 10/10

Well, I am pretty proud of myself, I completed my first endurance race!

There are 9 of them in the game, so I tried out one of the shorter ones, 100 miles, or 40 laps, around Road Atlanta. I picked a very fast touring Lamborghini Gallardo, got myself a beer, went to the bathroom and sat down for one of the longest races I've completed in years. Thankfully, the track isn't too demanding, and the car was easy to handle. The big thing about Endurance races, aside from the insane length of the race, is that I have to monitor fuel consumption and refuel at the pit stop. It took me about an hour to complete and win the race, including one pit stop at lap 21. I scored a ton of money and XP too.
This is what a Gallardo looks like after 99 miles of racing
I then played a couple of races online with the Fiat 500, but I think that car just doesn't have what it takes to be competitive in the D class. I need to try a different car for this. I placed in the middle of the pack mostly. I drive well and I drive clean, but my car just didn't have enough power to reach other good drivers.