October 13, 2015

Star Wars Battlefront beta

Date played: October 12th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

The beta is still going strong, so I took advantage of that and played a lot of Battlefront again. I tried out the single player mode, which is basically a horde mode where waves of enemies attack. It was set on Tattoine which looked absolutely gorgeous, but it's not really the type of mode that I enjoy.
Taking out a walker is so satisfying!
Most of my time was spent in Walker Assault on Hoth. That map is really cool and is always filled with action. I got to control Luke Skywalker again and had am getting a lot better with him. He's got a really strong block move that repels all blaster fire and a fast charge attack that wrecks Stormtroopers in one fell swoop. I like playing as the Rebels the most because it's a lot more work than the Imperials. I figured out that the Orbital Strike special attack is very powerful against the AT-AT's. It's an amazing feeling to take out the walkers as the Rebels, it's very satisfying. I can't wait to see the other maps and modes when the full game comes out.