October 8, 2015

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

El Efe
Date played: October 7th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 8/10

Our team made it's final assault on the bad guys of the feudal Japan era. Sly, Murray and Bentley created a distraction by fighting enemies on the bridge that led to the castle keep where El Efe runs his operation. Meanwhile, Rioichi sneaks around the carnage and attempts to take out the tiger man. Unfortunately, El Efe grabs his cane and runs away, burning the bridge behind him.

Sly chases after him that's when I got my first boss fight of the game. It was a pretty cool concept, where it mixed platforming and fighting. I first had to avoid projectiles while jumping over obstacles and over large gaps. Then, I got to confront the tiger directly. I had to avoid fire attacks by putting on the samurai armor, then jump to avoid lightning attacks, and finally get back back into the samurai armor to deflect fireballs. When timed correctly, that gave me an opening to whack the large feline in the face with my cane. I repeated this process three times until the El Efe was defeated.

Unfortunately, a mysterious figure in an airship sent down some goons to steal the cane and traveled in time to the far west era. I haven't started the next chapter yet, but I'm excited to see a new area!