October 4, 2015

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Date played: October 4th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 8/10

I'm going on a week long work trip to Toronto and decided to bring my Vita. I looked at my library, deleted a bunch of games I didn't really want to play anymore and installed Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, the 4th game in the classic series. It had been free on PS+ a while back, but at 3.3 GB, I never installed it due to lack of space.
Sly Cooper is old school fun
I played the intro level, where Sly, the raccoon thief, Bentley, the smart turtle in a wheelchair, and Murray, the big strong hippo, steal a sword from a museum. It's all very stupid, but basically, that sword lets them travel in time back to the Japanese Feudal era and fix the present. I got to play as each character, and I think it was the same part as the demo I played a few years ago. I liked it a lot more than I did back then though.

There's some nice simple stealth action, some wheelchair bombing in the sewers, a dual stick shooting mini-game and some good old brawlin'. We stole the sword and traveled in time to save one of Sly's ancestors. I think I'll have fun with this one in my hotel room...