October 25, 2015

Forza Motorsport 6

Date played: October 24th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 9/10

I completed the series I had started last time, the final race set on Spa in the rain. The rest of my time was spent in the showcase events. I started with the final event in the showdown category where I drove the BAC Mono against a KTM X-bow and a Caterham 7. Then I completed a factory spec race in a modern Formula 1 car. The F1 car is fun and fast, but it's really not cool that it has 8 gears. Downshifting 7 times after a long straight is not easy...
The Ford GT40 roars past the Dunlop loop on Circuit de la Sarthe
Next up was a race in the rain with V8 supercars. It was a big adjustment for me, since I had been driving nimble race for a while. Getting into the lumbering V8 had me smashing into walls for the first few turns. I had the pleasure of driving the incredible 1970's Ford GT40 MKII around Circuit de la Sarthe. This awesome car is hard to handle, but it's fun and of course, it's very fast.

Finally, I drove some endurance prototypes, the spaceship looking cars that are built to run for 24 hours straight. I was in a Peugeot, and to my horror, the cockpit view was almost impossible to use. I barely had 20% of the screen that showed the track. For the first time in the game, I had to get out of cockpit view and use the bumper cam. The endurance cars are very fun to drive. They aren't quite as nimble as the F1 cars, but they are almost as fast.