October 26, 2015

Multiplayer ADD night!

Date played: October 25th
Platform: PS4 and Xbox One
Session fun rating: 10/10

My youngest brother and his friend came over for the evening. My bro has been itching to get a next generation console for a while now. He's been playing on PS3 for a long time, but now that Fallout 4 is coming out, he just can't resist anymore. Unfortunately, he's got no money, so I invited him over to work out a deal of some kind. I ended up ordering him a PS4 bundle that includes Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Destiny: The Taken King.  He'll repay me when he can...

To celebrate, we sampled a bunch of games on both PS4 and Xbox One. We started by putting my new, Halo themed controller to good use with some Killer Instinct. I've never played this game and it's been a LONG time since I played the old KI games. The free version comes with only one character that rotates every few weeks. This time, it was Riptor, a velociraptor with some cybernetic enhancements. The game looks absolutely stunning and is smooth as hell. It's a combo heavy type of game though and it's very fast, so it took us a while to get used to it. We played a few rounds and moved on to another game.
Riptor is badass!
Up next was #IDARB. Now this is a fucked up little game. It's basically 2D handball with tons of platforms and an "attack" function. It's pretty fast, has a funny, yet exciting announcer and plays really well. After a few rounds of that, we jumped to the PS4. They wanted to see a few games they didn't know, so I ended up playing a few levels of OlliOlli 2, The Binding of Isaac, Transistor and Super Meat Boy.