October 15, 2015

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Date played: October 14th
Sheriff Toothpick
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 8/10

Now that the hockey season is upon us again, my Vita is getting more action. I'm sure my 3DS will too. The thing is, as I watch hockey, I like to play little bits of games when the whistle blows, when there are commercials or during the intermissions.

I ended up completing one mission where the whole team assaults a train captained by none other than Sheriff Toothpick himself! The mission was pretty cool. I started as Murray, who had to beat up some dudes and throw TNT at a device. Then he jumped into the time travel van and drove beside the train. Then, as Carmelita, I shot some dudes and brought Bentley to a terminal. I played the side scrolling hacking game, which opened some doors on the train. It was Kid Cooper's turn as he stole some gold from the train, shooting his way through a trap ridden train car. Finally, Sly battled against Toothpick on the final train car.

The battle was pretty cool, but I preferred the first boss fight. I had to use the chain and ball to avoid lasers, then I triggered the train's whistle by ramming the ball against three switches. This angered the sheriff who took his giant form and attacked Sly directly with jump attacks and mini tornadoes. I was then able to knock him into some fire pits and hit him with my cane. After doing this three times, he was knocked out. Unfortunately, the train was headed towards a broken bridge, so the team jumped into the van to escape.

However, Murray wasn't able to stop the van, it's brakes were broken or something. As the van plunged towards certain death, Bentley threw a random object into the time machine as a last ditch effort to survive. It worked, but the van is now broken and the team is stranded in a prehistoric ice age area, complete with dinosaurs and cavemen! I can't wait to explore the new era.