October 30, 2015

Halo: Spartan Strike

Date played: October 29th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 7/10

Halo 5 came out this week and I haven't bought it yet, I felt the urge to get back into the Halo universe, so I played Spartan Strike, the sequel to Spartan Assault. I didn't have much time to play, but the first few missions are already better than the ones in the previous game. It starts in New Mombasa as the Covenant attacks. They are trying to capture an artifact or something, and my spartan's job is to stop them.

There are some good little changes here and there in the game. For example, there is now a little icon that helps aim at long distances. The best addition so far has been riding in a warthog! The controls for it are really smooth and it's very satisfying to shoot enemies with it. One of the things that really bugs me in these games is that the spartans can't fucking jump, while they can jump 8 feet in the air in the real Halo games...