October 13, 2015

Forza Motorsport 6

Date played: October 12th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through the last series in the 4th volume. This was a 6 race series set in the US on tracks such as Daytona, Road Atlanta, Circuit of the Americas, Long Beach and Laguna Seca. At first, I was using a Ferrari 458 heavily modified for GT racing. However, I found that car to be too difficult to handle. It had serious understeer and would easily spin out when I tried to correct the understeer. Instead of banging my head against it, I decided to try a different car.

The 2011 #59 McLaren GT 12C GT3 was my weapon of choice and it did not disappoint. That thing is fast, nimble and powerful. I sped through the tracks like a demon and won most of my races. I came in second place during a night race at Sebring, but aside from that, I was in front most of the time.
The 2011 #59 McLaren GT 12C GT3
I played a bit online too, trying out an Acura Integra Type-R in D class. While the car is pretty good and competitive, I got frustrated quickly by people playing bumper cars for no reason. Some guys literally just ran me off the road for the fun of it. So after 3 races, I went back to single player.