October 11, 2015

Fighting and flowing on PS3: bro's house special

Date played: October 10th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 10/10
Doomsday is badass

I spent some time chilling with my youngest brother and 2 of his friends at his house. He doesn't have a lot of games that can be played in multiplayer, but we still had lots of fun with his PS3. Most of the evening was spent playing Injustice: Gods Among Us, but we also played Soul Calibur V and flOw.

Injustice feels a lot like a weird version of Mortal Kombat. After learning the basics and trying out a few characters, I found a character that I really liked, Doomsday. He is slow and powerful, but has a lot of range control. He has a great dash attack that can be used diagonally or horizontally. He also has a fantastic heavy attack that interrupts air combos, similar to a Shoryuken or something. I won a lot against my bro and his friends with this guy.

I wasn't as good when we jumped to Soul Calibur V. I love this series and I always play as Astaroth, the large devil warrior armed with a huge axe. I won a few rounds, but my brother's friend was really good with fast characters, so she kicked my ass a lot.

Finally, we played flOw at the end of the evening, to relax. We ended up getting to the bottom of ocean twice, passing the controller to each other. flOw is always really cool to play. It's simple and easy to jump into, plus it's relaxing as hell.