November 1, 2015

Halo: Spartan Strike

Date played: October 31st
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 7/10

I played through the end of the first set of missions and through the entire second set of missions. The second set was set in a jungle on one of the Halo rings. I quickly discovered that the Forerunners were there and had to fight them. The same units from Halo 4 confronted my spartan, including the small attack dogs, some turrets, aerial drones and the large knight units. They are a bit different to fight since they are weaker to different types of weapons compared to the Covenant.
The Kestrel is awesome!
I also got to ride some new vehicles including the nimble Ghosts, the powerful Wraith tanks and a brand new vehicle named the Kestrel. It's a kind of small hovering craft with powerful explosive weapons. It was lots of fun to drive and I hope to see it in a proper Halo game someday.