October 21, 2015

Forza Motorsport 6

Date played: October 20th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 10/10

I completed one showcase event and a 6 race series. The showcase event featured 1970's Pan-Am cars. There were almost no rules in these events, so the cars took on monstrous forms as the series progressed. Every car has extremely large tires and giraffe-like spoilers. They are also very powerful, their engines roaring like wild animals at every touch of the gas pedal.

I used the 1967 Mclaren M6A and it's a fucking monster! It's wild, it's strong and it's surprisingly easy to drive, considering. I loved driving it around Lime Rock for 12 laps, so after winning the showcase, I chose this car class for the next career series and jumped back into the Mclaren and gave it a new paint job. Most of the tracks in the series had very bumpy roads, including Rio, Burmese Alps and Prague. The M6A gets real fucking jumpy at high speeds, but it's still surprisingly easy to rein in. I had an absolute blast racing with this car! It's some of the most fun racing I've done in Forza 6.
The Mclaren M6A #4 handles like a dream. A wild, savage dream.
Having completed the series, I decided to do one race in the next series. I picked the 1970's Formula 1 racing and jumped into the cockpit of a Lotus. That thing is fast and easy to handle, so I had no trouble at all winning the race. It was my first time around the "real" Nurburgring, the epic, 7 minute per lap, world famous track. I loved racing on the graffiti filled track and can't wait to drive other cars on it.