October 25, 2015

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Hot.
Date played: October 24th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 8/10

Once again, as I watched hockey, I played some Sly Cooper. I've completed the 40 Thieves chapter and defeated Miss Decibel. We rescued the two remaining thieves and assaulted Miss Decibel's hideout. There was a lot of fun platforming, much of it requiring that I use the thief costume's ability to slow down time. For example, I had to jump on a series of floating obstacles, but without slow motion, they would flow too quickly. Murray and Sly teamed up to explore a large cavern filled with shipwrecks. Murray even got into a cannon battle where I had to shoot down cannon towers and their projectiles.

After all this, Salim and Bentley went straight into Miss Decibel's lair and planted some transmitters. Miss Decibel is a music snob, a lover of classical and opera. So when Bentley made the transmitters play some rock and roll, she went into a blind rage, allowing Salim to plant a listening device on her desk.

With this new information, the team found Le Paradox's blimp, hidden deep below ground. To get into the lair, Carmelita donned a sexy belly dancing outfit and danced for the guards, giving the rest of the team enough time to open a nearby door. There was a rhythm based mini game to make her dance, hell, I even had to shake the Vita to shake her ass...

The battle against Miss Decibel was pretty cool. I had to use slow motion a lot to avoid her attacks. Eventually, I cornered her and was able to defeat her. She tried to escape with Le Paradox, but he turned her down. He said he couldn't afford the extra weight because of his new passenger... The fucker captured Carmelita in her half naked outfit, tied her up and went back to the present time. With his plan fully deployed, he was now the ruler of the world, headquartered in Paris. This is definitely the end of the game, but I still have to save Carmelita and take out Le Paradox.