October 4, 2015

Forza Motorsport 6

Date played: October 4th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 9/10

The 1956 Jaguar D-Type is very fast for it's age, but it's also pretty tricky to drive. I used it through a 6 race series in circuits that require very high speeds, like Indianapolis, Daytona, Spa and Le Mans. For the first time, I really had to play with gear ratios to succeed. In tracks like Daytona and Indianapolis, top speed was by far the most important thing as these tracks are basically just big ovals.
My sexy Jaguar D-Type roars around the corners of Spa, one of the best tracks in the game
On other tracks, I had to prioritize acceleration since there were enough sharp corners that it made a big difference. The D-Type is twitchy and loses traction pretty easily, but it's powerful enough that it could catch up on the straights. The most entertaining race was on Le Mans, at night. That track is downright terrifying in the dark of the night. It's insanely long straights are very fun and look great in the darkness... I'm up to the third set of races in the fourth of five volumes in the career, I can't wait to pick my next car!