October 7, 2015

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Date played: October 6th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 8/10

I continued playing through the first chapter in feudal Japan. The team is tryingto get Rioichi back into his sushi restaurant, but there are a few obstacles still in the way, including El Efe, the tiger gangster. I got to play as Murray and Bentley a few times. As Murray, I had to go get some fish for Rioichi. The mission uses Murray's muscle a lot, fighting some enemies and carrying large objects. Then Bentley gathered some intel with a little RC car. I drove the car around, disguising it into a chicken when guards were near.

Then, as Rioichi, I infiltrated a Geisha house to steal a costume that Murray would use to impersonate a rhino Geisha. Yep, it's a silly as it sounds. The game is actually pretty funny overall, with good comedic timing, decent voice acting and good writing. I played a few more hacking mini-games, one was a side-scrolling shooter. The other had me use the Vita's tilt function to navigate a maze.
Murray is a sexy bitch!
Finally, once Rioichi deactivated the security systems protecting the Geisha costume, I played a hilarious rhythm based mini-game as Murray. He wore the Geisha costume and made a sexy dance for the guards. It was silly, it was flashy and it was fun! Also, this seems to be a pretty long game, so that's cool.