September 1, 2015

Rocket League

Date played: August 31st
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 7/10

I played a lot of Rocket League last night, but I only played a few normal matches. I did pretty well once again, but I got distracted when I earned the trophy for driving 500 kilometers in the game. That meant I was really close to getting all the trophies in the game and scoring a platinum trophy...
1 vs 1 makes for a very empty field, but it's fun in it's own way

So, I played a few 4 vs 4 matches and a 1 vs 1 match. With 8 players on the field, you would think the game would be really insane, but it actually slows down quite a bit, mainly because people bump into each other a lot more often and there is always a goalie. It was still fun, but it's clearly not how the game was meant to be played. The 1 vs 1 match was really interesting though. Without another person to hit the ball on your team, the game changes dramatically. Kickoff is even more important than ever and it's important to play a bit safer. On the other hand, aggressiveness is rewarded quickly... It was fun, but it's not the same game at all.

Finally, I played some of the single player campaign. I still have about a dozen matches left to play to get all my trophies, but I'm getting real close to the platinum.