September 19, 2015

Forza Motorsport 6

Date played: September 18th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 8/10

Night racing is definitely more challenging than normal racing... I played through one career series, a 4 race event all set at night. I picked a B class Honda (Acura?) NSX from my garage and did my best to win in the darkness. I won the first race, but placed 2nd and 3rd in the remaining 3 races. I don't think I was really doing anything wrong, I think I just don't like the NSX too much. It loses traction a bit too fast in the corners I find...
The simple act of braking looks pretty at night

The game looks incredible at night, with each car projecting it's individual headlights onto the track and other cars. Even the brake lights look dramatic! On top of that, the heating of the wheels under heavy braking glow red with the heat from the brake pads. Also, the headlights can be broken when there is a collision, which is a very very bad thing.