September 9, 2015

Rocket League

Date played: September 9th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

I finally played a few ranked matches, I wanted to see what it was like. I did relatively well there, but clearly, the skill level is a little bit higher than normal matches. In normal matches, when a player quits, he is replaced by an AI until a new player can be found. In ranked matches, if someone quits, that's it, that person is just gone. I ended up playing a match where one of our team quit in the first few seconds, so it was a 3 vs 2 the whole time.

Believe it or not, we won 3-0.
It's satisfying to blow up a guy, then score in the wake of his exploding carcass
I guess 2 good players are better than 3 average players... I played a few more ranked matches but didn't like that people quit a lot, so I went back to normal matches rather quickly. I had Spotify playing in the background and put on a metal playlist, then a skate punk playlist. It fit the game rather well I think.