September 20, 2015

Forza Motorsport 6

Date played: September 19th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 10/10

I played a shit ton of Forza 6's single player events. I started by playing a 5 race series featuring SUV's and trucks. I went with a Ford F150 SVT Raptor Shelby, a highly modified truck. I liked it a lot, it was faster than you would expect and it handled pretty well for a truck. However, it had one major problem... It's center of gravity is simply a little bit too high, and the fucking thing rides on it's two side wheels a LOT! This meant I really had to take it easy on some of the corners, specifically those that are uphill or downhill.

After winning the series, I spent a lot of time in the showcase events. There's a lot of variety there... I played some Chase events, where a modern car must pass older generations of itself. The older cars start the race with a significant lead. I did another passing challenge, this time in an Ultima GTR. I think I really don't like these events, they are difficult and not very fun. I played a few Track Shoutouts, which are always cool. I raced against Top Gear's Stig in a one on one race in an Audi R6. He's pretty damn fast, so since he was my only opponent, I just spun him out during a corner and won...
These race cars are really fun to drive
I tried out a new event type, the history of Motorsport, which features historical cars in classic events... When I say historical, I mean it too... The race I played was called Birth of Grand Prix Racing where I raced and old open wheel Maserati. It was a really cool experience and probably was my favorite event in the game so far.

Finally, in the Race Driver Experience, I drove an insane car, a prototype race car of some sort. It's absolutely bonkers. It accelerates like a rocket and brakes even faster. I drove it around Spa at night and honestly, I'm glad I only had to grab third place because I just couldn't catch up to the first two drivers. I also played a couple of very fun events in heavily modified touring cars and some V8 Supercars. One of those races was set in the rain at Sebring. Those cars feel real good and are fun to drive. They are also very stable, which was great for those big puddles of water around the track.