September 28, 2015

Skylanders Swap Force

Date played: September 27th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 7/10

As almost every Sunday morning, I played some video games with my daughter. We played Skylanders this week and completed a level set in a dark snowy mountain. By following a light, we were able to find and rescue the third of the mysterious elders, a giant frost puppy... There were villagers in the mountain and they had some mini-games for me to play to progress. I bobbed for apples in a water basin while avoiding explosive mines, I played a way too easy memory game and I guessed which cup held the prize by watching it move.

Then there was the boss battle against Mesmeralda, a puppeteer lady with 4 arms sent in by Kaos' mother. The battle itself was pretty tricky. I had to dodge a flurry of oncoming attacks by small enemies first, then I had to use a spotlight to reveal and stun the puppeteer and open her up for attack. It was one of the better battles in the game so far.
Mesmeralda
I played with Cynder, the purple dragon and managed to purchase all of her moves! I also played with Jade Fire Kraken and got all the moves for the head, but still have some stuff to buy on the feet. We must now start the journey to finding the fourth and final elder.