September 27, 2015

Forza Motorsport 6

Date played: September 26th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 10/10

I played through two entire series and one showcase events, so that's 12 full length races. I started with a showcase event in GT cars around Spa, in the rain... I drove a heavily modified Ferrari around this very fast track.

Much of my time was spent in the my new Lamborghini Diablo SV, an iconic car from the 90's. That car is absolutely wonderful to drive and it's real fast, so I was able to win most of the races I entered. Forza 6 has a feature called "Forza Vista", which is basically a way to inspect the cars in extreme detail. You can open doors, hoods, trunks, power on the lights and the engine, sit in the driver's seat or the passenger's seat and even listen to some interesting narration. The Diablo has a very cool looking engine in the back that includes some writing that describes the firing order of the pistons! I got myself a sweet looking brown paint job for it too...
Well, that's one way to pass...
The next series was set in some low end GT cars, so I picked a cool looking Mercedes. All of the races in this series were set in the rain, so I was glad that my car had excellent grip and stability. It's the first series to exclusively feature some race cars, so that was pretty damn cool.