September 25, 2015

Forza Motorsport 6

Date played: September 24th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 9/10

Well, the Lamborghini Huracán just couldn't cut it.

I continued the series I had started last time and I just got frustrated really quickly. The second track had a lot of big straights and the Huracán simply wasn't fast enough. I was getting passed by Ferraris left and right. I still love how that car handles, I could catch up a little bit in the corners, but it wasn't enough.

I backed out of there and got into the game's cover car, the 2017 Ford GT. That thing is a real beast. It's fast, it's easy to handle, it's powerful and best of all, it looks absolutely stunning. Once I got back on the track with it, I was easily able to compete with the top racers. I raced the beast in the rain and I just loved it. I think it was a good choice to change cars... After I completed the series, I decided to treat myself to another new car, a Lamborghini Aventador to use in the next events.
The 2017 Ford GT is glorious
My evening ended with one of the Race Driver Experience showcase events. I couldn't believe it, but I got to race a Formula E car! Those cars are completely electric and also very silent... There's a slight whine from the motor, but honestly, most of the sound came from the tires. Also, it was really difficult to gauge when to change gears. That's what made the race difficult... I couldn't listen to my car, I had to use the visual cues.