September 21, 2015

5th Annual 2015 Ottawa Pinball & Gameroom Show

Date played: September 20th
Platform: Pinball
Session fun rating: 10/10

Yes, there's a Pinball show in Ottawa! It's the first time I go and I was very much impressed. Basically, you pay 10$ at the door to get in and you can free play any of the machines. The machines are all owned by individuals and they just lug those things around in trucks to show them off and let people play them. It's a very cool concept and I had tons of fun.

The Ottawa Pinball and Gameroom Show
I played a lot of tables too... Dungeons & Dragons, Adam's Family, Dracula, Lethal Weapon 3, Elvira, Star Trek and Iron Man being the ones that stood out. I played a few more older tables too, some real vintage stuff. Adam's Family is cool because it has a bunch of funny sounds and some interesting mechanics. Dracula has a great little mini-game on the display where I shot zombies with the flippers.

Star Trek was easily my favorite table though, and I don't even like Star Trek. It has some awesome ramps, some fun multi-ball action and a giant Starship Enterprise that moves around and lights up in the middle of the playing field. I really wish I could afford a recent pinball machine for my basement, but it's ridiculously expensive. I'm very grateful for all these owners coming together and sharing their tables like that.