September 22, 2015

Forza Motorsport 6

Date played: September 21st
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 8/10

Last night, I decided to do the events that interested me the least in the Showcase events, to get them out of the way, really. This meant I spent a lot of time doing passing challenges, Bondurant Autocross and one on one races against The Stig.

For all that stuff, I reactivated the rewind function to avoid frustration. The Stig races were actually quite easy, because I fucking rammed that little asshole into concrete barriers, grass, sand or tire walls as soon as I could. This would give me the lead and I simply had to stay fast to win.

The passing challenges kind of suck honestly. For those, I had to bring the difficulty down one notch to "Highly Skilled" to win. There were even some events on the Top Gear Test Track, including one in a Jeep Cherokee SRT that felt real nice to drive. It was very powerful too. The best passing challenge was in a Formula 1 car against a whole bunch of old Mini Coopers. The F1 car has 8 gears and roars with it's high-pitched whine as it rages past the old cars. It was pretty satisfying.
The F1 car against a Mini Cooper
I also completed most of the Bondurant Autocross events, a weird event where I have to navigate through cone gates on the track as quickly as possible. This was pretty cool, and kind of difficult. It changed the nature of each track entirely. Finally, I started the next career event and picked a beautiful Lamborghini Huracán as my weapon for this series. I absolutely love how that car handles...