September 3, 2015

Batman: Arkham Knight

Date played: September 2nd
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

The side quests in Arkham Knight are really cool... I spent a chink of my evening doing those and caught a few high profile criminals. The guy who was crucifying people turned out to be a deranged man with serious psychological problems who acted like a pig. I mean, we're talking pig snorts, a big pink belly and a pig mask. He surgically "enhances" people, and the crucified ones were his failed experiments. I fought him in his lair and had to counter when he threw a series of butcher knives at me... I took him back to the GCPD and locked him up.

I also took out Firefly, the arsonist with a jetpack who was symbolically attacking the city's fire stations by chasing him once again in the Batmobile. Next on the list was Two-Face. He's been attacking the city's banks with his thugs, simply to steal money, as any worthy criminal would. These missions were increasingly elaborate, requiring both speed and stealth. Those thugs are well armed and very dangerous. I had to use most of my Batman skills to succeed, but eventually, I captured Harvey Dent himself and drove him to GCPD.
Batman interrupts Two-Face's bank robbery 
Azrael signaled he was ready for another challenge by burning the Batman symbol into roof of a building. His fights are pretty cool since I can't take any damage at all to win. I had to start over a couple of times to fight the thugs, but it was nice to have a good challenge. Next, I chased down another weapons cache used by The Penguin and blew it up. It's fun to track his vehicles from the skies, then attack the caches with Nightwing. I also took out the remaining towers and most of the militia outposts. I intend to get back to saving Catwoman from the Riddler next time I play...