September 21, 2015

Forza Motorsport 6

Date played: September 20th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 10/10

I'm really glad I bought this game... Forza 6 has really been keeping my attention. Honestly, the exceptional driving physics is what really keeps me coming back, though I also appreciate the variety in the special showcase events. I played through a 6 race series, using a Lexus RC F, a fun to drive, 2 door coupe. I put on a slick orange decal and raced through the events.

I got myself a new Dare mod that gives me 50% more credits if I use simulation damage and don't use rewind. I was already on simulation damage, but I realized I was using the rewind as a crutch to get through events easily. I put on the mod and haven't used rewind in any real races. I've only used it on a few showcase events that were a bit tougher. Rewind is always a tough thing in a racing game. On one hand, I like that it's there so that I don't have to restart longer events, but on the other hand, I feel like it really doesn't help me improve my game when I use it. I'm glad I turned it off...
I lead the pack in my Lexus RC F
I played a good amount of showcase events. I played a Track Shootout in a McLaren P1, so that was cool. I completed a 15 lap race around Lime Rock in a weird Lotus that was awful to drive. I mean, the damn thing has good speed and braking, but it loses traction very easily during turns. Most of my time was spent completing Top Gear Events, a series of wacky events set on the famous Top Gear track.

Two of the events had me literally bowling with my car. I had to hit as many bowling pins as possible during one lap around the track. In another event, I got to drive a classic 1957 Chevrolet Bel-Air against other cars of that era. I drove an old Mini around the track against some old Fiats and Volkswagens. I sped in the wonderful Lamborghini Huracan. I even got and old Ford Bronco to buck on two wheels during high speed turns.