June 1, 2015

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

The Skyward Strike
Date played: May 31st
Platform: Wii
Session fun rating: 8/10

Sunday morning was a cold one, a perfect morning to stay inside, sip coffee and play video games with my daughter! Together, we continued Link's quest to save Zelda in Skyward Sword. I ended up doing many little side things, like completing the quest line where Fledge did some workouts with the help of my stamina potions and finding the potion shop owner's baby rattle to help his baby go to sleep. I also hunted for gratitude crystals again during the night and got enough to score a bigger wallet! I also hunted down three Goddess Cubes and activated them with the Skyward Strike in the Forest that weren't accessible before, thanks to my new clawshot.

Then I moved on with the story and learned another song to uncover the third trial, this time at the Eldin Volcano. Once again, I entered the Sacred Realm and hunted for parts of the spirit flower. This one was a bit more frustrating because of the fucking rock slide at Eldin. The controls are iffy enough that I missed one of the crystals that lay on the slide more than once. Eventually, I got myself a good path and got all of the crystals, which netted me the Fireshield Earrings, which allow Link to survive in very hot areas.