June 10, 2015

Super Exploding Zoo

Date played: June 9th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 6/10

Super Exploding Zoo is a puzzle game I received for free as part of PS+. The objective is to protect an egg from giant black monsters. You control a crew of animals that all move together. I must gather enough animals in the level to blow up all the enemies.
I made penguins explode
At first, I only had penguins, who can blow up walls, deal 1 damage to enemies and basically act as walking grenades. Then the game adds crocodiles, which deal 2 damage and can build bridges. The next animal was the monkey, which can climb vines and push levers. The levels were starting to get pretty complex, and I was having a good time... then the game crashed. I might come back to it once in a while, but it didn't quite hook me.