June 2, 2015

Forza Horizon 2

Date played: June 1st
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 7/10

Some of the bucket list challenges in Forza Horizon 2 are a real bitch! The insane hairpin section in Sisteron that gave me trouble in the Lotus resurfaced in another challenge, this time in a BMW M4, and it was just as insanely difficult as the first time I did it. I persevered and made it through the speed zone within the target time though...

Another challenge had me drive a Jaguar F-Type R on some gravel to the airstrip. The very tight time limit forced me to take some very risky shortcuts, including a giant jump over a bridge. After a few attempts, I knew I just wasn't taking the right route, but couldn't figure out an easier way. I resorted to a Youtube guide to find a good route. Once I had that, it didn't take too long for me to succeed. After the event, I went to hunt a new barn find and restored a beautiful classic Jaguar.

The Local Motors Rally Fighter looks cool, but handles like a bitch
Finally, I completed the extreme offroad championship, but I had a really hard time on some of the tracks. I think the Local Motors vehicle I was using might have been part of the problem as it's back end would often lift straight up in the air after some of the nastier jumps. The large vehicle also has a shitty turning radius and takes forever to brake... After a few restarts, I won the event.