June 26, 2015

Rage

Date played: June 25th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played some more Rage and completed a major mission deep inside a bandit base. I also completed a couple of smaller missions, a race and spent some time shopping for new recipes and bullets, but most of my time was spent killing bandits.

The sheriff of Wellspring wanted me to clear the road that leads North. A group of bandits has taken to using RC cars equipped with bombs to make travel difficult for the residents. My job was to get inside their base and destroy 3 RC car caches. This turned into a pretty lengthy dungeon filled with dangerous criminals. These guys were a lot tougher to fight than anything I've seen previously in the game. They have more armor, use RC car bombs and even had a couple of very tough big guys.

I parked my awesome car in front of the bandit base
I've started using the assault rifle and sniper rifle a lot more. At first, I felt like using the sniper was a waste of time unless I was really far away, but with these tougher opponents, it's powerful rounds have been useful more often. I've stopped using the pistol, it's just too weak unless I use special ammo. Inside the base, I had to use RC cars of my own to blow up the caches and open up new paths through the dungeon. I made it through and made the way North safer than ever for the residents of Wellspring.