June 14, 2015

Lego Jurassic World

Date played: June 13th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely love dinosaurs. I've been fascinated by them since I was a young child. Then, Jurassic Park came out and dinosaurs became cool overnight. The movie was awesome... I'm sure I've seen that movie at least 30 times in my life, so I know it quite well. The sequel was all right, but nothing to write home about, then the third movie was mostly lame. When I heard about Jurassic World, I got worried. When I saw the first trailer, I was cautiously optimistic... Thankfully, the movie was fucking awesome!

Lego Jurassic World is a typical Lego game, but it features one of my all time favorite movie series... It includes all 4 movies, so I played some of it with my girlfriend as my daughter watched us. The game is incredibly faithful to the movies. So far, we played through a good portion of the first film, up to the part where Dr. Grant, Timmy and Lex climb the electric fence.

One of the most iconic movie moments of all time
The levels included the raptor transfer in the beginning, the Jeep ride to the park, the tour of the visitor center, the trek to the Triceratops, the confrontation with the T-Rex, Timmy's rescue in the tree, the Jeep and T-Rex chase, the raptor hunt in the electrical room and the Gallimimus herd.

Each character has a special ability of course, such as Lex throwing baseballs, Dr Saddler analyzing dinosaur feces and Dr Grant digging up fossils. There are also two segments where I played as a Triceratops! This powerful beast can break large things. I'm really impressed by the game so far, but it's probably just because I love Jurassic Park!