June 7, 2015

Forza Horizon 2

Date played: June 6th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 8/10

I completed the modern muscle championship rather easily, running my Mustang GT to the limit. Most of my time was spent struggling with the golf course skill challenge in the Chevrolet SS. It required that I get 150 000 points in 3 minutes. As far as I can tell, the only real way to do this is to keep a continuous skill combo throughout the whole 3 minutes. That's really fucking hard.

The Ford Mustang GT is a beast
Thankfully, the event takes place in the rain, which means that drifts are pretty easy to initiate and chain. I ended up using a combination of constant, small drifts, and riding really close to other cars on the road. It took many, many failed attempts, but eventually, I kept my combo going for a full 3 minutes and met the target. I completed another similar event in a Mustang at the docks, but the abundance of jumps in that area made it infinitely easier to complete.

I went on my next road trip and ended up picking the Track Toys championship. This event features small, weird cars like the Ariel Atom and the KTM X-Bow. I decided to use the Ultima GTR, a super-light, high power sports car. The tiny little machine is an absolute blast to drive. I completed two events, winning them with ease.